Monday, November 8, 2010

Batman - Not so eager for the DVDs anymore


For the past few weeks, I've been DVR-ing and watching Batman episodes that are being shown late-night on the Hub channel. Although I have the 1966 Batman movie, and have watched it several times, I may have only seen 1 or 2 of the TV episodes in the years since gluing myself to the TV as a child in 1966 for every episode.

So far, I've seen a 2-parter for each of the main villains, plus Mr Freeze, False Face, and Bookworm (Roddy McDowell). Along the way, Dick/Robin has picked up many a life lesson from Bruce/Batman, like wearing your Bat-safety belt (so the Batmobile will start) and staying current with your foreign-language studies (so Robin will know that the "Chat Company" is really Catwoman's lair). Also, I don't remember the Batmobile having a laser-like Bat-ray that can cut through walls.

Yes, this show is ridiculous nonsense, but like a train wreck, I cannot make myself turn it off. One thing I do know, is that I no longer have a hankering to buy this stuff on DVD (if it ever comes out).


Now, when is the Car 54 Where Are You? DVD hitting the stores?


January 2011 edit: Correction to the next-to-last paragraph. Last month, I have watched Batman for the last time! I saw an episode featuring Cliff Robertson as the villain "Shame" (A western-themed travesty with all the classic western cliches, including many quotes from, and references to the movie "Shane", I suspect) that was so utterly ridiculous (even by Batman standards) that I can't watch this drivel ever again.
.

No comments: